CBT Convocation - FAQ
Questions about the Business & Technology Convocation?
Spring Convocation for the College of Business & Technology will be held Friday, May 12, 2017.
What's happening at the CBT Convocation?
- CBT Convocation is Friday, May 12, 2017, at the EKU Alumni Coliseum.
- 5:30 pm Student Check-in: Students check in for line-up (EKU Alumni Coliseum - Fred Darling Gym); guests proceed to seating (EKU Alumni Coliseum)
- 6:15 pm Step-off: Students proceed downstairs to Coliseum main floor
- 6:30 pm Ceremony begins: Faculty and students are seated
- 8:00 pm Graduation After-Party: Fred Darling Gym
- Hosted by the College of Business & Technology, the College of Education, and the College of Science
- Candidates will walk across stage individually by department to receive diploma cover
- Individual professional photos will be taken by Lifetouch
Do I need tickets for the CBT Convocation?
No. You may bring as many family and friends to the CBT Convocation as you wish.
I'm a master's student. Is anything special happening for us?
Yes. Bring your hood to the Convocation ceremony. You will carry it over your arm during the processional. During Convocation, CBT Master's graduates will receive their hoods in a formal hooding ceremony.
Where do we park for the B&T ceremony?
Graduating students and their guests may park in the Alumni Coliseum Lot. Handicapped parking has been reserved for those with special needs. Find the downloadable PDF map at: http://registrar.eku.edu/ for details.
Can't get to Richmond for Convocation?
Family members and friends who are unable to attend may view the ceremony via the internet. A link to the live stream will be available at http://www.eku.edu on the day of the ceremony.
Will the live stream be recorded for later purchase?
Yes. A full online video of each ceremony as well as information on how to obtain a link to a complimentary download will be available at video.eku.edu/graduation.
Where is the photo gallery from the CBT Convocation?
Check the CBT website after convocation for the photo gallery.
What is the University Commencement Ceremony?
- University Commencement Ceremonies are reserved for the end of the regular spring semester.
- More at: http://registrar.eku.edu/
What’s the difference between the University commencement and college convocation ceremonies?
During the college convocations, candidates will walk across the stage individually to receive their diploma cover. Professional photos will also be taken by Lifetouch. At the University commencement, graduates will be recognized by the President as a group. University commencement ceremonies are reserved for the end of the regular spring semester.
Want to apply to be the CBT Convocation Student Speaker? (applications are closed at this time)
The CBT Convocation Student Speaker Committee is looking for a graduating student from EKU’s School of Applied Sciences and Technology to share their EKU experience.
If you have applied for Spring or Summer 2017 graduation and would like to apply for this honor, please submit the following no later than Monday, February 27, 2017
Find out more here: http://cbt.eku.edu/cbt-convocation-student-speaker-wanted
Still have questions?